Rotorua Campervans LTD Terms and conditions.
Thank you for choosing Rotorua Campervans. We are very proud of our product and reputation, and we have built our business on providing the best possible experience for our customers. Your safety and security are our main concerns, so to help make your vacation a great experience, it is important that you read these terms and conditions carefully. If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please contact us at email@example.com
This document contains a summary of the rental terms and conditions of Rotorua Campervans Ltd and is a translation of our English language terms and conditions.
Please refer to our English language terms and conditions and the rental agreement at vehicle pickup for detailed up to date and correct terms and conditions.
All prices on this page are Euros and include 15% GST (tax) In final contact prices are quoted in NZ$, fluctuations may occur due to currency fluctuations, prices in Euros are an indication, final payments will be calculated in NZD and converted to Euros for you if necessary. Mentioned rates and conditions (including in our brochures and/or documentation) are subject to change without notice. However, rates or conditions for a particular booking cannot be changed once that booking is confirmed.
Booking confirmation and payment
To confirm a reservation, we require a deposit of NZD 750,- per rental, this can be paid by credit card, cash or direct debit. Full payment is due 42 days prior to vehicle pickup. At the start of the rental, you must give us your credit card information. We may withhold your credit card up to the total value of the deductible.
If damage occurs, we will charge your credit card for the damage based on the actual cost. All payments are made in New Zealand dollars. A 3.5% non-refundable handling fee is charged for transactions with accepted Visa, Master credit and debit cards.
Exchange rate / currency fluctuations
All credit card transactions are conducted in New Zealand dollars. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there may be a difference in the amount refunded compared to the amount originally charged. Rotorua Campervans Ltd accepts no liability for exchange rate fluctuations.
The minimum rental period is:
May 1 / Sept 30 – 7 days.
March 1 / Apr 30 and Oct 1 / Nov 30 – 7 days.
Dec 1 / Feb 28 – 14 days
We offer a FREE* first night’s stay in our B&B or a FREE* first day’s rental if you book one of our motorhomes for a minimum of 14 days and pick up the motorhome at our Depot.
*This offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.
GENERAL POLICY INFORMATION
The agreement is between Rotorua Campervans Limited (the “operator”) and the renter whose details are included in the agreement (the renter”). It is hereby agreed that:
1. The Operator shall rent and the Renter shall take the Vehicle, details of which are set forth on page 1 of the Rental Agreement of the “Vehicle”, for the rental period described in this Agreement only the persons listed on page 1 of the Rental Agreement shall drive the Vehicle.
2. Anyone driving the vehicle must hold a valid full Dutch or international driver’s license (translated into English if necessary) required for the class of vehicle rented and be 25 years of age or older. An additional excess of NZ$1000 is applied for inexperienced drivers (with license <12 months) or drivers between the ages of 21 and 25.
3. If you believe you have been charged incorrectly or have any other complaint about your experience, you must notify us in writing within 20 business days.
4. We strive to resolve all complaints amicably and in good faith.
5. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you have the right to seek external dispute resolution.
The Renter pays the Operator for the rental of the Vehicle the amounts stated in the rental agreement, which was sent to you at the time of booking. A deposit of NZD 750,- is due at the time of booking. The deposit establishes the booking. The balance is due 42 days before the start of the rental. If the balance is not received 42 days before the start of the rental, the operator reserves the right to consider the booking cancelled. If the lease term is later extended, Tenant shall pay Operator for the additional lease term when Operator confirms the extended term. Extensions are subject to availability and are charged at the daily rental rate on the date booked. Rates include GST. Rental days are calculated on a calendar basis. Dayparts at the start or end of the rental will be charged at the full daily rate.
Late pickup or early return of the vehicle does not entitle the Renter to a refund of the unused portion of the rental.
The Renter agrees to pay a deposit equal to the applicable deductible at the start of the rental. agreed date. The deposit will be reduced proportionately to allow the Operator to return the Vehicle and its contents to the same condition as when it was rented.
7. You may also be held liable for relevant additional costs for
- Returning the vehicle later than the appointed time;
- Damage to or repair of the vehicle and related foreclosure costs;
- Traffic fines, fines for violations and any administrative fees we have to pay in connection with them; or
- Toll costs.
8. At the start of the rental, you must give us your credit card information. We may withhold your credit card up to the total value of the deductible. If damage occurs, we will charge your credit card for the damage based on the actual cost. All payments are made in New Zealand dollars. A 3.5% non-refundable handling fee is charged for transactions with accepted Visa, Master credit and debit cards.
HOW TO USE THE VEHICLE
9. The Renter agrees that during the Rental Period, the Renter will observe all applicable traffic regulations and other legal requirements relating to driving in New Zealand and will not permit the Vehicle to be driven other than in a cautious and prudent manner.
You may never:
- Using or allowing anyone else to use the vehicle to transport passengers for payment or reward unless you notify us in writing and you have the appropriate permit under Part 4A of the Land Transport Act 1998 (“the Act”);
- sublet or rent the vehicle to someone else;
- Allow the vehicle to be used outside our jurisdiction;
- Drive or allow someone else to drive the vehicle in violation of sections 56, 57 or 58 of the Act;
- Driving or having someone else drive the vehicle in a race, speed test, rally or contest;
- Using the vehicle or allowing anyone else to use the vehicle in violation of the law, the Land Transport (Road User) Rule 2004, the Freedom Camping Act 2011 or any other law, ordinance, rule or regulation on road traffic;
- Using the vehicle or allowing someone else to use the vehicle to transport more passengers or goods than specified in the Loading Certificate and RUC Certificate (whichever is less); or h) Driving the vehicle or allowing someone else to drive the vehicle on the roads specified in clause 36(g) of this Agreement, or on any beach, driveway or surface that may cause damage to the vehicle;
- the Vehicle remaining unoccupied with the ignition key in the Vehicle;
Use the Vehiclle to tow a vehicle or trailer.
- Using the vehicle or allowing someone else to use the vehicle in violation of the law, the Land Transport (Road User) Rule 2004,the Freedom Camping Act 2011, the 2023 Freedom camping changes or any other law, ordinance, rule or regulation on road traffic
Smoking in the vehicle.
Any odor or evidence of smoking in the vehicle will incur a cleaning fee of up to NZD 750,-.
Animals are not allowed in the vehicle. Any evidence of pets (hair, scratches or pet odor) in the vehicle will incur a cleaning fee of NZD 750,- for each pet-related cleaning.
10. It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- You take reasonable care when driving and parking the vehicle;
- You keep the coolant level in the vehicle’s radiator;
- You keep the oil level in the vehicle;
- You keep the tires properly inflated;
- The vehicle is secured and locked when not in use;
- No one interferes with the rangefinder or speedometer;
- No one interferes with any part of the engine, transmission, brake or suspension systems;
- If a warning light comes on or if you think the vehicle needs mechanical attention, stop driving and contact us immediately;
- You keep a copy of your rental agreement in the vehicle during your rental
11. PROCEDURES IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENT
If the Renter is involved in a motor vehicle accident during the rental, the following procedures must be followed:
- At the scene of the accident, the Renter must:
Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses.
- Report the accident to the police, regardless of the estimated cost of damages
- Not accepting blame or insisting that the other party is guilty.
- If possible, take a picture of damage to all vehicles and license plate(s).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours with details of the accident. Regardless of who is at fault, if the vehicle is involved in an accident, is damaged, breaks down or needs repair or salvage, you must notify us immediately.
- You may not arrange or perform any repairs or salvage without our permission unless it is necessary to prevent further damage to the vehicle or other property.
RETURNING THE VEHICLE
12. You must return the vehicle to the address listed on page 1 of the rental agreement before or at the end of the rental period, or obtain permission from the Operator to continue the rental. Any change to where the vehicle is returned may be subject to a surcharge of up to NZ$1000.00 If the vehicle is not returned at the agreed time and/or day, in addition to the daily rental rate for each day until the vehicle is returned
The vehicle must be turned in:
- with a full fuel tank (diesel/gasoline), a full water tank and full LPG bottles. Failure to do so will result in a fuel charge plus NZD 50;
- empty waste tanks;
- all vehicle equipment accounted for and undamaged.
- The Renter is liable for all equipment that is damaged or unaccounted for;
In a reasonably clean and tidy condition otherwise a cleaning fee of NZD 200 will be charged.
- The toilet and toilet waste tank must be clean. Failure to do so will result in an additional cleaning fee of NZD 300.
13. We will ensure that the vehicle is in a safe and roadworthy condition and shows a valid and current certificate of fitness.
14. The operator is responsible for all ordinary and extraordinary costs of using the vehicle during the rental period, except to the extent that under the terms of this agreement these costs are the responsibility of the renter.
15. If the vehicle needs repair or replacement, we will discuss your options with you to minimize your inconvenience.
16. All vehicles are registered with the Automobile Association (AA) for 24-hour roadside assistance. This service covers all mechanical defects on the vehicle. The AA does not cover the following and the associated costs are the responsibility of the Renter:
- the vehicle runs out of fuel or breaks down because the vehicle was misfuelled;
- the Vehicle is not accessible due to a lockout or the loss or breakage of the Vehicle’s Keys;
- dead batteries caused by improper use of the batteries and improper use of equipment that requires the batteries to operate;
- flat or damaged tire(s)
- damaged windshield unless Renter has purchased all-inclusive liability reduction insurance;
- the Vehicle is unattended at the time the AA Service Provider arrives at the breakdown location;
- the Vehicle is not on a public or paved road or is trapped or jammed.
17. All non-mechanical calls to the AA will incur a call-out charge to the Renter.
18. The Operator’s liability extends only to the reimbursement of rental charges for full days of use of the Vehicle lost due to mechanical failure. No responsibility is accepted for cash expenses, accommodation costs or meals due to breakdown or accident. If the Vehicle is so damaged that it cannot be driven, the Operator will make every effort to exchange the Vehicle. Provision of an exchange vehicle is subject to availability and Renter’s location.
CHANGE OR CANCEL THE RENTAL AGREEMENT
19. The Renter may make changes to a confirmed booking with at least 42 days’ notice from the date of the agreed commencement of the rental period, provided that the Rental Company has the alternative capacity and alternative booking dates. Any change to the booking reservation will be charged according to the currently valid price list. After confirmation of the booking reservation, subsequent or further changes are not allowed.
CANCELLATION OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT
For confirmed rentals that are subsequently cancelled, the cancellation fees below apply:
Up to 42 days before the pick-up date – 100% of the deposit
Within 42 days before the pick-up date – 50% of the total rental fees
Within 28 days before the pick-up date – 100% of the total rental rates
No show – 100% of total rental rates
In all cases, the minimum amount retained is the deposit.
Unfortunately, no refunds can be given for any unused portion of your vacation. However, your travel insurance may cover the unused portion in some circumstances. Refunds for rentals paid and canceled prior to pickup are subject to our cancellation policy.
20. The Operator may terminate the Lease and take immediate possession of the Vehicle if:
- The Renter fails to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement or if the Vehicle is damaged;
- The Renter obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation;
- The vehicle appears to have been abandoned;
- The vehicle is not returned on or before the expiration of the rental period, or the operator reasonably believes that the vehicle will not be returned on or before the expiration of the rental period
- The Operator believes on reasonable grounds that the safety of the occupants or the condition of the Vehicle is or has been compromised.
21. If the Operator terminates the lease, no refund will be made.
22. Termination of the Lease under this Article shall not affect the other rights of the Operator and the rights of the Tenant under this Agreement.
23. If the reserved vehicle is not available for reasons beyond the control of the operator, the reserved vehicle may be replaced with a comparable or superior vehicle at no additional cost to the renter. Such replacement of the Vehicle shall not constitute a breach of contract and shall not entitle the Renter to any refund. If no replacement vehicle is available to the Renter, the Operator’s liability is limited to full refund of the rental price. In the event of mechanical failure (unless caused by the Renter), the Operator’s liability is limited to the rental price for the remainder of the rental period.
24. If we reasonably believe that your driving is likely to endanger yourself or anyone else, we may: terminate this Agreement immediately by giving you oral or written notice, and
choose to discuss the circumstances of your cancellation with other rental companies to promote safe driving in New Zealand. If we cancel the agreement because of this, you must return the vehicle as soon as possible to the address listed on page 1 of the rental agreement.
25. We may cancel this agreement if you violate clauses 1, 2, 9 or 10. If this is the case, no refund will be issued.
26. We will collect, retain and use your personal information for purposes related to the rental of the vehicle. We may disclose such personal information to third parties who legitimately seek to collect debts incurred as a result of your use of the vehicle. A Global Positioning System (GPS) can be installed for safety and insurance purposes.
27. You retain the right to access and correct your personal data.
28. You are liable for:
loss of or damage to the vehicle and its accessories (excluding normal wear and tear),
consequential loss, damage or expense that we must pay, including salvage costs, and (c) loss or damage to vehicles and third-party property occurring during the rental that is caused by you or someone driving the vehicle.
29. Our fleet of vehicles is insured under a motor insurance policy (“policy”) issued by a person or company authorized to carry on insurance business in New Zealand under the Insurance (Prudential Supervision) Act 2010.
30. Please note that we do not provide you with insurance services. We manage only the policies covered by the Policy. We reserve the right to decide whether to make a claim under the Policy. If the vehicle is damaged, you must contact us immediately and only do business with us.
31. Everyone named on page 1 of the Rental Agreement is covered for the losses specified in the Policy.
32. You are insured under the Policy up to a value of NZD 1,000,000.
33. You may arrange your own insurance, but you are responsible to claim your paid deductible to us from your insurance and we cannot guarantee that your insurance will cover your paid deductible to us.
34. Your deductible: Whether or not you choose to purchase your own insurance, you must still pay a deductible contribution to us. This is the amount you must contribute to the cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle.
The deductible is due per accident and is printed on the second page of Article 9 of your rental agreement.
The Operator may make the applicable charge to the Renter’s credit card upon notification of any loss or damage to the Vehicle
In the event of damage to a vehicle or third-party property, another deposit will be collected to cover the excess for any subsequent damage.
If the total cost of a claim is less than the deductible, the Renter is obligated to pay that lesser amount.
35. No deductible: If you choose to pay the full deductible waiver rate, you do not have to pay the co-payment under Article 34
36. What is not covered under the Policy, regardless of whether you paid the co-payment waiver. You are not covered under the Policy and will have to pay all expenses referred to in Section 28 as:
- you or anyone driving the vehicle is under the influence of intoxicants, drugs or alcohol;
- the vehicle is operated in an unsafe or damaged condition, and the person driving the vehicle was or should have been aware of this and this has increased the damage;
- you or someone else is driving the vehicle in a race, speed test, rally, mountain climb or competition;
- a person driving the vehicle not listed on page 1 of the rental agreement or not in possession of a valid and full driver’s license;
- you or someone else is driving the vehicle in violation of Articles 9 and 10;
- you or someone else driving the vehicle commits a traffic violation that, in the opinion of a reasonable person, caused or contributed to any loss or damage;
- you or someone else is driving the vehicle on a beach or surface that could damage or strand the vehicle, drive through flooded areas, become submerged, come in contact with salt water; and, in the opinion of a reasonable person, caused or contributed to such loss or damage;
- Damage caused by entering parking garages with limited height or other structures lower than the vehicle height
you have chosen to take out your own insurance policies. (i) Molest, avoidable and/or foreseeable damage to the vehicle, interior and accessories. Examples: contamination of fuel or fresh water tanks; loss of (transponder) car keys;
- Leaving the outside awning open/unfolded in weather conditions (rain, storm, wind) or moving the vehicle with the outside awning open/unfolded or any resulting costs due to damage to the vehicle or to third parties if the outside awning is not locked while driving or moving the vehicle.
If any of the above exclusions occur, the renter will be liable for any resulting actual or consequential damages incurred by Rotorua Campervans Ltd. at its sole discretion deciding whether to make a claim under the insurance coverage.
Damage includes all damage to third party property and all damage to the rented vehicle, including windshields, tires, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, burglary or vandalism.
A single rollover of the vehicle is considered a violation of this condition. Single vehicle rollover can be, but is not limited to, a vehicle that has rolled, tipped or overturned and this has caused damage to the side and/or roof of the vehicle under conditions beyond the customer’s control.
The cost of any damage includes the cost of repairing the damage and, if the damage is the customer’s fault, the cost of the daily rental rate for the period the vehicle is repaired. Per claim processing fees and associated claim assessment fees apply.
Driving motorhomes on certain roads in New Zealand can be both difficult and dangerous. Therefore, to protect customer safety, Rotorua Campervans limits the roads on which our customers can travel.
Road restrictions apply as follows:
Vehicles may only travel on paved/paved or well-maintained roads. The only exception is reasonable use of access roads of up to twelve kilometers to recognized campgrounds and major tourist attractions.
Vehicles may not be driven on:
Ball Hutt Road (Mt. Cook), Skippers Road (Queenstown), Ninety Mile Beach (Northland), all roads north of Colville (Coromandel Peninsula), Te Urewera National Park (the gravel road between Murupara and Lake Waikaremoana motor camp) and all ski field access roads (from June 01 to October 31) or any dirt road and unpaved roads or any beach.
The Customer is responsible for all damages when traveling on these roads. We strongly encourage you to check for current road restrictions and closures during your rental by visiting the New Zealand Transport Agency website at www.nzta.govt.nz.
TRAFFIC, TOLLS AND FREEDOM CAMPING VIOLATION
37. You are liable for the following violations committed during the rental period:
a speeding ticket,
a toll violation, or
An offense for not following the direction of a traffic light detected by vehicle monitoring equipment
an offense for parking on a road in violation of an ordinance or road management authority
A violation of Part 6 of the Land Transport (Road User) Rule 2004
a violation under the 2023 Freedom camping changes.
38. If you cause a violation, you are responsible for the cost of the violation plus administration fees for handling this violation
39. We may choose to transfer liability for a violation from us as the registered owner of the vehicle to you as the driver. If so, we will pass on your name, address, date of birth and driver’s license number to the relevant infringement authority and charge an administration fee of NZD 50 to cover the cost of transferring liability.
40. If we receive a citation or reminder of a violation committed during the rental, we will send you a copy of the citation and this agreement within five business days.
41. After we receive notice of breach, we will let you know that your credit card may be charged the established breach and handling fee of up to NZD 50 for not paying the fee yourself once we receive the reminder.
42. If we receive only the reminder, we will let you know that your credit card may be charged the established breach fee and handling fee because you did not pay before we charged you.
43. You are entitled to:
challenge or complaint about the alleged violation to the enforcement authority that sent the notice of violation, and
seek a court hearing either within 56 days from the date the notice of violation was given or 28 days from the date the reminder was given.
44. Terms and conditions, as well as stated rates, are subject to change without notice. However, rates or conditions for a particular booking will not be changed once that booking is confirmed, except where clause 19 applies.
45. The Renter indemnifies the Operator and its employees and agents from any liability to the Renter (regardless of who is at fault) for loss, damage or injury incurred by the Renter as a result of rental, possession or use of the Vehicle or storage of personal property on the Operator’s premises.
46. The Operator may assist the Renter in installing child seats. However, the Operator shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury incurred by the Renter with respect to child seats. It is the legal responsibility of the child’s parent or guardian to ensure that their child is properly restrained at all times when the vehicle is in motion.
47. Luggage can be stored free of charge at our rental location. Luggage handed over to Rotorua Campervans for storage is done at the owner’s own risk and Rotorua Campervans accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss of luggage.
Rotorua Campervans strongly recommends that customers purchase personal travel insurance to cover injury or loss.
Responsibilities and liability of the tenant to the operator
Before the rental commences, it is the responsibility of the Renter to ensure that:
- The bike is in good working condition. This includes (but is not limited to) brakes, wheels, pedals and helmet.
- If there are problems with the bicycle, they must be reported to the operator before the rental begins;
- There is no existing damage to the bicycle, such as bent wheels, and no missing parts or accessories. If this is the case, they must be reported to Operator before the start of the lease.
50. Once the rental has begun, the Renter has full responsibility for the bicycle and any damage the bicycle may cause to the Vehicle or to third parties. The Renter is responsible for repair or replacement costs for damage to or loss of the bicycle and its accessories. This includes (but is not limited to) damage or scratches to the Vehicle, bent wheels and missing parts and accessories and the bike rack.
If you want to go further, request a “no obligation” availability check.
Availability and a personalized quote will be sent to you.
Allow 24 hours to account for time zone differences.
Quotes are valid for 7 days from issuance, but are subject to vehicle availability.
Rotorua Campervans LTD
Landlord’s Transportation Service License Number: 0232516
307 SH 30 Lake Rotoma Rotorua 3074, New Zealand